Alektum Group (the data controller) is responsible for all personal data. Our company information, phone number and contact forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
What information we collect
”Personal data” is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
When interacting with our website, you may be asked to enter your full name, email address, phone number, company name, case number or other details to help you with your experience. Please notice that the information you submit to us will be registered. Therefore, we ask you; do not submit any special categories of personal data or “sensitive data”, as defined under the GDPR, such as health status, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, etc.
Our products and services are not aimed at children.
How your personal data is obtained
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you provide your contact details to us when requesting information about our products or services via our online inquiry forms on this website, but also over the telephone or face-to-face.
- When you sign up for our email newsletters.
- When you download documents from our site.
- When you register to attend one of our events or seminars (including webinars).
- Via openly available public sources (e.g. LinkedIn or company websites).
How we use your personal data
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To fulfill a query, request for services, and/or to administer our services, including responding to your requests. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; to follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries). Our processing is based on the performance of a contract or agreement, and our legitimate interest, which we have balanced with the interests of the sender of the request, customers, suppliers and business contacts.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products. Our processing is based on our legitimate interest, which we have balanced with the interests of our customers, suppliers and business contacts.
- To administer newsletters and invitations. Our processing is based on your consent. If you are a customer of ours or working for a customer of ours, we base our processing on our legitimate interest, which we have balanced with the interests of our customers, suppliers and business contacts.
About our newsletters
If you have signed up for our newsletters, you can unsubscribe from these at any point by clicking the unsubscribe link in any mailing you receive from us. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by submitting your request using the contact form that can be found at the bottom of this page.
About communication via email
Please note! Communication via email involves risks from a security and confidentiality perspective. You can compare an email to a postcard. Therefore, we ask you: Do not enter information that is sensitive or that you do not want unauthorised persons to be able to see.
How the information is stored and protected and who has access to it
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
How long we store your personal data for
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes we are using it for. How long we retain data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for. We routinely update our email newsletter lists to ensure those who are not engaged are removed.
You have control over your personal information – these are your rights
You have a number of rights under the GDPR.
- Access: You have the right to access the personal data we may hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it. We may ask for proof of your identity. Upon receipt of such a request, we will endeavor to respond to it as soon as possible, at most within one calendar month.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. We will assess any deletion request on a case by case basis and will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, at most within one calendar month. If you have authored any content on the Alektum Group and would like this to be deleted, please let us know.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact form that can be found at the bottom of this page.
How updates are communicated
Are you dissatisfied with how we process your personal data?
Please let us know! Use the contact form that can be found at the bottom of this page or email email@example.com.
You can also contact your country's supervisory authority.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer by a website that you visit. The cookie stores and transmits information to the server of the website (re)visited from that browser/computer. A cookie also has a certain timestamp defining when it expires. (More information about timestamp and expiration is available in the section Session cookies and persistent cookies.)
Cookies can be divided into four categories. Alektum Group uses all of these types of cookies on our website.
- Cookie category: Necessary
Necessary cookies help make the website useable by enabling basic functions like page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Cookie category: Preferences
Preference cookies enable the website to remember information that changes the way it behaves and looks, like your preferred country/language.
- Cookie category: Statistics
Statistics cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Cookie category: Marketing
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Session cookies and persistent cookies
- Session cookies
A session cookie exists only in temporary memory while you navigate the website. Web browsers normally delete session cookies when you close your browser. Unlike other cookies, session cookies do not have an expiration date assigned to them, which is how the browser knows to treat them as session cookies
- Persistent cookies
Instead of expiring when the web browser is closed as session cookies do, a persistent cookie expires at a specific date or after a specific length of time. This means that for the cookie’s entire lifespan, its information will be transmitted to the server every time you visit the website that it belongs to, or every time you view a resource belonging to that website from another website (such as an advertisement).
Persistent cookies are used to record web browsing habits over an extended period of time and keeping users logged in to their accounts to avoid re-entering login information every time they visit.
Please see the browser’s help pages for more information on how to view which cookies are stored in your web browser, how to delete them, and control settings for whether cookies should be accepted or not.
Last updated: 2018-05-24